Move vault from frozen account

Options
jeffseaman
jeffseaman
Community Member

I had a personal 1Password account that was coming up for renewal, decided to upgrade and register for a family account thinking because the two were using the same email address for login it would convert from one type of account to the other (error on my part). So I end up with two accounts - an older personal account with all of my items in the existing vault and the new family account with none of my items.

Now the personal account has expired, and I can't figure out how to move the existing vault in that account to the new family account. The instructions on https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/ do not work - all of my items show up with a snowflake icon and can't be moved.

What I want to do is move the entire contents of the existing vault to the new family account and then remove the previous personal account. I would have thought there would be some "single click" method of doing that, but I'm not finding it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Move vault from frozen account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffseaman!

Do you want the second account? I wonder if it would be easier to login to the old one and convert it to Families directly. You could then delete the duplicate account without having to move items from one to the other.

• jeffseaman
    jeffseaman
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure how, but I was able to restart and reopen 1Password and access the old vault without all the snowflake locked icons on every entry, I then was able to use the copy option to copy them to the new family account. I assume it did it before the account checked online to see that it was frozen, but just guessing here. In any case, I was able to get everything copied over.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @jeffseaman! I am glad to hear this :+1:

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.