I am running 1Password 7.5 and I would like to have some instructions on how to use Secure Notes.

bwaldron
bwaldron
Community Member

Just being new to Catalina I am trying to maximize my use of 1PW. I do not know how to use Secure Notes. Do I start with a text edit doc & drag it into. or do I start within secure notes? Can I attach a copy of an insurance policy? I would like to be able to go into secure notes when I need to retrieve information that is needed at the present moment, for ex: talking on the iPhone & needing a private medical record etc. Can you direct me to an article that explains all of this----- I never used secure notes before & now i can;t find how it works. Thanks so very much

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am running 1Password 7.5 and I would like to have some instructions on how to use Secure Notes. Like how do you start one, adding things. i need to start from the beginning.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwaldron!

Do I start with a text edit doc & drag it into. or do I start within secure notes?

I recommend starting directly within a secure note. You can edit text inside notes in 1Password already, so you don't need an additional app for that.

Can I attach a copy of an insurance policy?

Not directly inside a secure note item, but you can store the file as a Document in 1Password:

Save important files in 1Password

You can then link the document to your secure note if you want to connect them:

Link related items in 1Password

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

Thank you, When I click on the 2 links you provided it is asking me to sign in again. Am I in the right place?

• @bwaldron

I'm not asked to sign in when clicking either of those links... Could you please let me know what the address is in your address bar after clicking each link? It should be:

Thanks.

Ben

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

Perfect, Thanks so much. Is there on online 1Password manual ? THere seems to be a lot of info for the family but not so much for individual. But I am perhaps missing some things during my searches. Thanks Agin
    Sincerely Bev

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bwaldron:

You can find all of our tutorials are on our support website. You can also search for specific keywords if you are interested in something specific.

If you have any questions about certain aspects of 1Password, please also feel free to ask and we can suggest the most relevant support articles for you.

This discussion has been closed.