macOS app integration not working with local vaults present

I have some old local vaults on my mac that I do not want to delete, yet 1Password X beta refuses to work with them present. Can't it just ignore them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

yet 1Password X beta refuses to work with them present.

Can you please elaborate on this? What do you mean by "refuses to work with them present"? Do you see an error message?

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

Yup,

• Hey @Stanzilla. No, this isn't possible. You will need to have only 1Password.com vaults in 1Password for Mac to use Desktop App Integration. If you're not ready to delete those vaults, you could always create additional vaults in your account and hide them from All Vaults, if they're items you want to keep around but don't want to be readily visible in the UI.

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

That's my settings, pretty sure that's what you meant.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I believe ag_michaelc meant to create additional vaults in your 1Password account, so you can remove standalone vaults from the app altogether. I think the issue here is that there is a Primary vault in your 1Password app, even if you have deselected it from "Show in All Vaults".

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

Sounds like a bug to me, any reason why this is not possible?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Our founder Dave wrote about this here some time ago. Please let me know if that answers your question or if you would like more information :+1:

• Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member

It does not really, why can't it just ignore the existence of local vaults? As long as that is part of the key exchange and the Chrome extension only grants access to the cloud ones as well, it should be fine.

• Your feedback is noted, @Stanzilla, but as Dave mentioned, both ends need to be set up identically as things stand.

This discussion has been closed.