A new family member (or a leaving one) during the already paid year fee

edited June 22 in Purchasing

Hi there,
as in the title, we are a family with some members. We've paid on mid June, for the whole next year, until mid jun 2021.

What would it happen if a new member join our family? What if one member leaves us? Of course I'm referring to the fee and payment.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @wizard86pz

The base fee for 1Password families includes up to 5 family members. Adding or removing wouldn't have any effect on billing if you start and end with 5 or less people. Family memberships billed by 3rd parties (such as the App Store) are capped at 5 people. If you are billed by us directly, add a 6th person, you'd be charged an additional $1 USD / mo. If you're on annual billing then that amount would be pro-rated based on your remaining invoice period. If you remove a 6th person you'd get a pro-rated credit which would be applied to your next invoice.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• We are already more than 5 members and bought the membership by your site. If the 8th (for example) member leaves us after 1 month, I'll have a credit of 11 months to use for a new member (the new 8th I'll invite)? Have I got it right?

What if I add a completely new member after 2 months we've paid the whole year?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@wizard86pz:

Have I got it right?

That's correct :+1:

What if I add a completely new member after 2 months we've paid the whole year?

You would be charged for 10 months for this new user (the remaining time on your current invoice cycle).

• Wow, it's so linear and fair, thanks both of you.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @wizard86pz! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file