1Password Standalone License

Hello,
some years ago I purchased a standalone license of 1Password. This allowed me to use the app on 1 Mac, 1 MS Windows PC and 1 mobile device.
I am still using it with my Mac, and with my Android device. I would like to reinstall the app on my new MS Windows PC. Can I still do it? Am I still eligible to download and use it?
Thank you
David

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @ddonofrio! Welcome to the forum!

If you purchased a standalone license for 1Password in the past, you can use it again if you reinstall 1Password :+1: Just make sure you have your license information handy, and that you download the correct version of 1Password that you purchased (1Password 7 on Mac and Windows are a paid upgrade, so if you purchased a license before 1Password 7 was published, you will just have to download the older version from our downloads page).

• Thank you very much for your prompt reply! :)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @ddonofrio! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• chponchchponch Junior Member

Hi, where do you hide the standalone licence please. I can't find it.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@chponch:

You can buy it directly inside the 1Password app: after you install 1Password 7, you will be asked if you want to purchase a license when you first launch the app :+1:

Thanks. But when I first launched the app I didn’t know which licence model I would choose and I wanted to try the app for free first. Now I’ve launched the app many times and I don’t know where to go to choose the license model. Does that mean I have to install 1P once again ? (With the Risk of loosing some pw ?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@chponch:

If you uninstall and reinstall the app only, your data will not be touched (for example, unless you manually delete the 1Password folder or use a system uninstaller or something similar). However, we can take a look at your current configuration to suggest the best option for you :+1:

To do this, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to [email protected], so we can check how your app is currently configured.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

@ag_ana Thanks for the answer. I had to download 1P 7 from your site. The version I downloaded from the App Store wouldn't let me put a licence. I bought a licence now.
    But on June the 7th, I created an account just to try but I stopped the process in the middle. Now I see I have an account but I didn't look for a secret key as I understood I would prefer a licence. So I cannot log in without a secret key. Could you just delete my account please ? I don't want to let an account unmanaged. Thank you in advance.

Pascal

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@chponch

There is a way to delete the account, even if you do not have the credentials, if you have access to the email address it is associated with. To do that please follow the prompts on this page:

https://my.1password.com/support

If you have trouble with that please reach out to us at [email protected] and we can see what we can do from our end. :+1:

Ben

@Ben I could delete my account. Thank you !

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file