system lock

It appears the system lock is defaulted to 10 minutes. This is way too short. I can change it but it resets every time I close the browser. How do you have a system lock default time period that is longer than the standard default of 10 minutes? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @monicard,

Could you please specify the name and the version of 1Password extension that you have in your browser? Is it 1Password X?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• 1.19.2 in Firefox. I am using Windows 10 latest version.

• ag_michaelcag_michaelc

Team Member

Are you clearing your data in Firefox upon exist? The timeout itself should stay set across browser sessions, but note that if you close your browser, this closes 1Password X completely, so if you close Firefox after five minutes, 1Password will be locked when you open Firefox again. I don't think that's what you're running into, but I just wanted to make sure.

• It seam to remember the settings as long as the browser session is open. Once I close it, it goes back to the default which is lock every 10 minutes. I want to change the default to not have it lock every 10 minutes. I don't want to go into settings every time I open the browser to modify the default.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@monicard:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tested this in 1Password X in Firefox, and the lock settings remained for me after closing and reopening the browser, and unlocking 1Password X again.

The only difference that I see is that I am running 1Password X version 1.20.0, so I wonder if updating your extension to the latest version will help.

• Updated to 1.20. There is no difference. If I close the browser, the setup goes back to the original 10 minute default. Very frustrating to have to adjust this every single time.

• At this rate, I may go back to my previous password manager.

• Actually, none of my settings changes can be saved. That includes making 1Password my default password manager and checking for vulnerable passwords. I have to reset these every time I log into the browser. There is no save button for setting changes. I cannot believe others have not brought this up as an issue before.

• YaronYaron

Team Member

Hey @monicard ,

I'd like to mention ag_michaelc's reply here as it is key to this issue:

Are you clearing your data in Firefox upon exist? The timeout itself should stay set across browser sessions, but note that if you close your browser, this closes 1Password X completely, so if you close Firefox after five minutes, 1Password will be locked when you open Firefox again. I don't think that's what you're running into, but I just wanted to make sure.

If your Firefox is set to clear its cache upon quitting, then all of 1Password's settings will be wiped out as well.
    Please check your Firefox's settings and make sure it does retain the cache.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file