Unable to install 1Password 7 on Mac Catalina 10.15.5

nolawilliams2
nolawilliams2
Community Member

I have had 1PW for ages but purchased 1Password 7 via Apple. I am unable to install it

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I haved had 1Password for years anam unable to install 1Password 7 on my OS Catalina 10.15.5.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@nolawilliams2

Do you receive any errors? What happens during the install? Where are you installing from the Mac App Store or from the web site?

• nolawilliams2
    nolawilliams2
    Community Member

I have had 1 PW for ages but purchased PW 7 via Apple. I downloaded 7 from the web site today after having deleted it since I was unable to install it. It prompts me to "find your account details" by "Scan Setup Code" or "Enter account details manually" neither of which I know how to do. I am unable to Edit any saved passwords.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2020

@nolawilliams2

My apologies; it sounds like there may be some confusion about what exactly you've purchased. 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store only works with a 1Password.com membership (which is a subscription service). Do you have a subscription to 1Password membership? You mentioned that you purchased 1Password 7 from Apple, but I'm not sure how that could be the case, other than through a subscription. Do you have the receipt for what you purchased handy? If so I'd recommend reviewing that and double checking what it was that you bought.

Please let me know. Once we have a better understanding of your membership situation and/or what it is you purchased we'll be in a better position to help you move forward.

Ben

ref: EGQ-59151-712

• nolawilliams2
    nolawilliams2
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Thanks for your response. I did purchase a membership through the iTunes store which renews on July 1, 2020, for which I am paying $5.49/mo. I an old lady so I am having trouble sorting this out. Given I have a membership, how do I go about making the app function properly for me now? Nola

• Gotcha. Thanks @nolawilliams2. It looks like my colleague Max has been in touch and will be able to help you the rest of the way with this. To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to close this forum thread. It looks like Max is awaiting your reply to his latest email. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.