Can we use Windows Hello Fingerprint ON launch?

As above, 1Password requires Master pass on first launch and only works with Windows Fingerprint on subsequent locks.
Possible to implement Fingerprint authentication on 1st launch?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alantcy,

This is the intentional behaviour at the moment: you will always have to unlock 1Password first with your Master Password, but for the rest of that computer session, you can use Windows Hello. Once 1Password is terminated or the computer is shut down, you'll have to unlock with the Master Password first before Windows Hello can be used again.

In order to make Windows Hello work all the time, we'd have to store a version of your Master Password somewhere on the computer, this is the part we're not comfortable with at the moment. For more information about this process, please check this reply from Kate in a similar thread.

I hope it helps. If you have any further questions, we are always here. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• alantcy
    alantcy
    Community Member

Right, ok.
    I thought it would cool to be able to emulate the iOS face/touch id login experience, hopefully it will be implemented in the future. :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alantcy,

There is no Secure Enclave on Windows computers, so the implementation is harder. I hope for your understanding. :+1:

Stay safe and be well,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.