password dialog badly responsive in MacOS/Chrome

When unlocking 1Password, the popup box where I need to enter my master password is very badly responsive, in Chrome on MacOS. Problem happens both with 1PasswordX and 1PasswordX beta.
What happens is: if I start typing nothing happens for about a second, then some dots appear corresponding to the number of characters I typed, after that no more dots will appear even if I wait up to a minute. When I press ENTER then suddenly all "dots" appear (and either the 1Password extension unlocks, or I get an incorrect password notice).

Problem does not happen on the same PC on Firefox. This makes the 1PasswordX extension very tedious to use on Chrome.

Another, maybe related problem is that sometimes after typing "⌘." the 1Password popup appears but does not take focus, and I have no idea where my keystrokes end up.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 1.20.4
OS Version: OS X 10.15.5
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• gheltonghelton Junior Member

This main issue is also happening to me.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@johnpc, @ghelton:

Things seem to be working fine here, also in Chrome and also on macOS 10.15.5. Do you see the same behavior even after quitting and relaunching Chrome once, or after a system reboot?

• gheltonghelton Junior Member

Yes, still happens after relaunching. I've also rebooted my computer a few times and tried reinstalling 1PasswordX.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@ghelton:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you let us know what version of 1Password X, of Chrome, and of your operating system you are currently running, so we can compare it and see if there are any differences to what has been reported in the first post in this discussion?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file