Master password not working on ios

matbb
matbb
Community Member

I noticed a week ago that some password did not synch between my computer and my phone. I changed my master password many weeks ago, and this might be related. Today as I failed face id due to wearing a mask I was asked for the masterpassword, the same password that works on my computer (mac) and chrome browser, does not work on my phone. Im guessing something happen when I updated the password? how can I now re-setup my phone to match my computer. I use 1password.com subscription and I am afraid of erasing data from icloud (no idea if its using icloud to synch) and then end up erasing my passwords, how do I do this and make sure not to loose all my data?

thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password not working ios

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2020

Hi @matbb

I'd be happy to help get that sorted out. If you're using 1Password.com then you're not using iCloud. Or at least, you shouldn't be. :) But that may actually be the problem. If you still have a legacy 'Primary' vault kicking around from the time you were using iCloud, the password for that vault is the one 1Password would need in order to unlock, regardless of what your 1Password.com account Master Password is. Is all of your data available to you on your Mac? If so I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on your iPhone. This will erase any cruft left over from times past and leave you with a fresh installation using only the data that is in your 1Password account.

Please let me know how that goes.

Ben

• matbb
    matbb
    Community Member

Hi ben, just wanted to make sure, didn't want to risk loosing stuff. My mac 1password was updated yes, I deleted and reinstalled, and now its all good. probably I still had the phone 1password with the legacy vault yes, thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @matbb! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.