Can't get Safari Technology Preview to work with 1Password

Hello.

This is MBP running Catalina 10.5.6 and the latest 1Password beta. Never had any success running 1Password with STP; updated today to the latest STP 109 and still no avail. I have removed 1Password, restarted (and made sure no 1P processes are running), reinstalled release version — did not help. I have updated to the latest 1Password beta — did not help. The extension is active, button is present, but the click is ignored.

1Password with STP does offer to save passwords in forms though.

With STP 109 I really want to migrate to it, what could I do to make it work? I am willing to run alpha version, update hourly and generate reports to help you guys:-)

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-3 (70600003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @egorfine! Welcome to the forum!

Instead of clicking on the extension button in the browser, can you please try filling your credentials using the Cmd+\ keyboard shortcut? Are things working in that case?

• Nope. "Fill login in browser" fails as well, although in the later case focus is changed from 1Password to Safari TP.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@egorfine:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to [email protected], so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• egorfineegorfine
    edited June 26

Email sent; nothing in reply yet. I have sent the report from the same email I am using here.

Update: #UDQ-66749-771

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@egorfine:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: UDQ-66749-771

• @egorfine said
    "Nope. "Fill login in browser" fails as well, although in the later case focus is changed from 1Password to Safari TP."

Go to System Preferences > General and select Safari Technology Preview as Default web browser.

1Password acts on only on the selected version of Safari.

• @xz4gb8 of course, done that, didn't help

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the confirmation. That was worth checking :+1:

• Hi -- I have the same problem. I was trying to use 1password with Safari Technology Preview in on Catalina as well. I set STP to be the default browser. After that, it didn't seem to work in either Safari correctly.

• TomDTomD Junior Member

Same here--unable to use STP. I have it set as default browser & am running 1P 7.3 beta 3.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jeffvogelsang:

Are you also running 1Password 7.6.BETA-3?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@TomD:

Thank you for the update. I don't see your diagnostics report in the system. Have you received a ticket number?

• TomDTomD Junior Member

Oops typo. Yes I am running 7.6 Beta-3. I never sent a diagnostics report & I never received a ticket number.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@TomD:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you would like us to take a look at why this is happening to you too, you are welcome to send us a diagnostics report (as per my instructions above) :+1:

• Hi, I'm on 7.5 standard. In this case, should I be on the beta? I had not thought that I should go to the 1password beta to use Safari Technology preview. In the past 1password with STP has worked normally with STP set as the default browser, and I'm not testing any 1password specific new features.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jeffvogelsang:

I don't think the beta is mandatory, I have used Safari Technology Preview successfully before on the stable version. But since we are in the beta forum and the users who reported this behavior are all running 1Password for Mac beta, I was wondering if you were running the same version since you did not mention it in your post :+1:

• @ag_ana I have 7.6 Beta-3, I can confirm I have the same issues as the rest!

• TomDTomD Junior Member

I am running the beta only because I had read elsewhere on the forum that the beta was necessary for STP. Either way, the browser button doesn't work & when I click the 1P button in menu bar it tells me turn on the extension, which I have repeatedly. I just sent my diagnostics ref # BMB-26732-753

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the confirmation @lanzani, we will continue to investigate :+1:

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@TomD:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: BMB-26732-753

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file