1Password updater detects additional copy of 1Password in my Time Machine backup

It seems like 1Password should not be finding copies of itself in Time Machine backups? Least of all, shouldn't be suggesting that I delete these backup copies?

1Password Version: 7.6Beta-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• vplewisvplewis Junior Member

@ Chris Messina FYI, 1Password is suggesting you delete the 1Password APP, not your 1Password data, which is stored separately. It has to do with the way launchd sometimes refuses to release cache data. If you delete it here, you can always re-download if you need to.

On a related note: On macOS Big Sur 11.0, when I clicked the Cancel button, Quit the updater and 1Password, ejected all the other HDDs, and relaunched the updater, it still found the now-ejected backup disk. Don't rightly know whose bug this is, but it could be cache related as well. HTH

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@Chris Messina,

Unfortunately, if we can find it there, then so can the system process(launchd) that launches our helper application. This is less fatal than it was with 1Password 6, which prevented all access to your 1Password data if the wrong copy of mini was launched. The worst case scenario you will encounter with 1Password 7 is an inability for any of the browser extensions to function, but your data will still be accessible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file