Is it possible to change the order of the sections?

Hello,
I have a lot of information per customer file.
Is it possible to change the order of the sections?
I manage to modify the order of the fields in the section but not the order of the sections. I have a lot of problems

Thank,
Vincent

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @vincentrocher!

It's not currently possible to change the order of sections after they have been created. However, you can recreate them in the correct order, and 1Password will remember that new order. I understand that it's not ideal since it will require some copy pasting, but it's a workaround that I thought was worth mentioning.

• edited July 3

Nop,

I have a lot of information (always different) on my clients' files. We can change the order of the fields but not the sections .... It's too bad, if I want to add a section at the top, in front of the others, I must recreate them all :/

Maybe you can leave a note for the developers ...?

Vince

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited July 3

Absolutely, I can do that @vincentrocher :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#125

• wagneronewagnerone Member

+1 I've been waiting on this a long time too.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks, @wagnerone.

Ben

• I've asked about this a few times before, so I'm just checking in as to whether users might one day be able to reorder sections.

I have a software dev / database background, so I understand the hurdle. I'm just curious, as it's really my only feature request for 1P--everything else is perfect!*

*Well, almost everything, I have a couple other ideas, but this one is the one that would make life just a little bit easier. ;) Many thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.15.6
    Sync Type: 1P

• I would LOOOOVE this ability. I've been doing the cut-and-paste thing, but it's a real pain, especially if you have a lot of sections to move.
    BTW, I love using 1Password!
    Thanks.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi folks,

At present only our 1Password for Windows application has the ability to re-order sections. One of the things we'll be focusing on as we plan for the next generation of 1Password apps is consistency across platforms. Ideally we wouldn't have features like this that require a specific platform, unless there is something about it that is exclusive to that platform (e.g. Touch ID for Mac vs Windows Hello for Windows). I'm not in a position to make promises about this specific feature, but that general idea is something we're taking a hard look at. I'll be happy to record your requests for the team. :+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file