Shared passwords with virtual assistant- showing her that its wrong passwords when copies/pastes it

I have a Mac she has Windows. Trying to share my passwords with her. She's in my vault. But when she clicks on the Facebook and IG links on my vaults, it takes her to the general site, not my pages, and on top of that the passwords don't fill in automatically, so she copied and pasted my usernames and passwords that 1password generated (after I put my credentials in manually it generated automatically when I pressed the key icon near it), and it was wrong passwords - she couldn't get access.

What are we doing wrong? How do we use it properly? She has the extension now... but it didn't tell her to download it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:does the team need the extension

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MorMedia! Welcome to the forum!

But when she clicks on the Facebook and IG links on my vaults, it takes her to the general site, not my pages

Unless the website field inside the 1Password item has the link to your pages, this is normal: 1Password's goal is to log you into a website, and for this it uses the URLs inside the item (typically www.facebook.com, so the main website).

What are we doing wrong? How do we use it properly? She has the extension now... but it didn't tell her to download it.

Can you please elaborate on the last part? Does she have the extension now or does she still have to download it?

• MorMedia
    MorMedia
    Community Member

She has the extension.

someone at 1 pass support told me the password entered into 1passqword is wrong. So how do I change it? Im not seeing the option to change the password.

Apparently the auto generated password from 1 password that its showing now is the wrong password so its not working for her to actually sign in. But how do I change the password now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MorMedia:

If she is using Windows, she can update any entry inside the 1Password app by clicking on the Edit button that you see at the top of the item:

• MorMedia
    MorMedia
    Community Member

Im the one that needs to update it because its my password. Thing is I don't want it to show her my real password. Is there a way to share it with her but she opens the link and uses my username and password without it showing her the password? The whole point is that I want it to be hidden from my team members - but to still have access to my accounts - so I can give them permission and turn it off anytime I want.

Basically she needs to use my IG and FB without knowing my passwords. But it does say reveal password so how do I make sure she doesn't see the actual password but can still use it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MorMedia:

If you have a Business account, you can indeed disable password reveal in the vault permissions.

• MorMedia
    MorMedia
    Community Member

I’m in the trial stage...does it work for trial period?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Yes absolutely @MorMedia :+1: When you do a 1Password trial, you can use all the features of the type of account you chose.

• MorMedia
    MorMedia
    Community Member

Can you show me how to do it? Im not sure how. To disable the reveal for team members

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MorMedia:

Certainly: you need to login to your 1Password account in a browser > click Vaults in the sidebar > select the vault you want to change the permissions for. This will open the vault details.

Once here, you can click on the little cog icon to access the permission list for the user. You can add and remove permissions as you see fit from that list. This documentation page shows you what the settings icon looks like, and also has an explanation for each permission:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team - Manage permissions

• MorMedia
    MorMedia
    Community Member

I read this and I couldn't figure out which setting was for disabling the password reveal. Can you tell me which one it is?

If I uncheck all of the options, will she still be able to just see the login and get access or do I have to give her some permissions? I only want her to be able to copy and paste the login or it'll autofill for her but no reveal password.

Theres nothing else for her to do in 1password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MorMedia:

I think this is the one that relates to what you are trying to do:

View and Copy Passwords:
    view concealed passwords and copy them to the clipboard

Please give that a try and see if that is what you are looking for.

If I uncheck all of the options, will she still be able to just see the login and get access or do I have to give her some permissions?

If you uncheck them all, I think she won't be able to see anything. So at a minimum you need to allow her to view the items. But you are free to experiment with different combinations of permissions until you find the one that works best for you, there isn't a single way to configure vaults in 1Password :+1:

• MorMedia
    MorMedia
    Community Member

Ok thanks so much for all your help. You’ve been a savior !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @MorMedia! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.