About the subscription model and license

I started using 1password6 and purchased a license. I was very satisfied with the password management of 1password; but after upgrading 1password7, the charging model became a subscription, which is not very acceptable to me, because there will be some continuous payment Under pressure, I prefer to buy a separate license, because I used to download the 1password from the App store, so I can't see the sales page with a separate license, I can only subscribe.
So I missed the discount information of various independent licenses of 1password7, and I did not receive any email about discounts. After all, the 1password team mainly promotes the subscription model.
I don’t think it’s particularly friendly for regular customers. I also want to give you more choices. Like many software, for customers who have an old version of 1password, upgrading the latest version should provide discounts instead of giving up the old customers who have always supported you.
Although there are many alternative products, I personally prefer 1password and recommend many friends to try it. I hope you can do better.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @kentzh! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the feedback about this! I also see that you have been discussing this with us via email in the last few days, so I am not sure there is much I can add to what my colleagues have written to you over there already. If you don't like the subscription option, you can certainly purchase a license. However, we have been offering a discounted price on 1Password 7 for more than a year, and I am sure you will understand that it was not possible for us to continue offering the discount forever :(

• Thank you for checking my email and providing help, because after I completed the purchase, I downloaded it from the app store. I found it by querying the previous article. I see that I need to download 1password from the website to see the option to purchase a standalone license. I haven't seen any discounts, I haven't received emails and notifications. I have subscribed to your email. Perhaps your focus is to promote the subscription model.
    Therefore, I am sorry for this. I don't know when the next sale will start. I suggest that for those old customers who have been supporting you from beginning to end, customers who have previously purchased this version should enjoy special discounts.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@kentzh:

I see that I need to download 1password from the website to see the option to purchase a standalone license.

That is correct :+1:

I haven't seen any discounts, I haven't received emails and notifications. I have subscribed to your email. Perhaps your focus is to promote the subscription model.

Indeed, we are not marketing our standalone licenses anymore. We believe that a membership is the best option for most users. We still offer standalone licenses for those who want them, but our focus is on the membership option.

Therefore, I am sorry for this. I don't know when the next sale will start. I suggest that for those old customers who have been supporting you from beginning to end, customers who have previously purchased this version should enjoy special discounts.

Thank you for the feedback :+1: And thank you also for the support so far! While that sale has now ended, I still hope you will find 1Password valuable enough even without the discount. If you don't believe 1Password is worth the full price, we totally understand however, and you are free to continue using the version that you have purchased.

• MorkMork
    edited July 13

We got a new mac and had 1P 6 on the old one. Wife mistakenly updated from App store to 1P 7.

To fix the app store problem, we downloaded 1P using your perpetual license option (thank you for offering that!), but 1P 7 doesn't seem to have an "upgrade" option. The only price we see is $64.99. Is there an upgrade path from 1P 6 - > 1 P7 perpetual or must we pay the full price for that upgrade?

Thanks,

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Mork

Licenses are no longer discounted, however I'd encourage you to reach out to our team at [email protected] to see what promotions you may be eligible for. Thanks!

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file