Suggestions for upgrading the membership plan

Now the membership adopted by 1password is a continuous subscription, which will be a steady stream of cash income; but I want to make a suggestion that for old versions of independent licenses or subscription customers, like other software, you can upgrade the new version with greater discounts To purchase independent licenses or become a subscription member, this will also give us some psychological comfort.
For example, I bought a 1password6 license, but after the new version came out, I had to bear the high cost of upgrading. This kind of feeling is like being abandoned, and it needs everything to come back. It is unfair to the original supporters. Some customers will be lost.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @kentzh!

Thank you for your feedback on this! We did have a promotion to upgrade to 1Password 7 with a 20% discount, which lasted more than a year. That sale is now over though because we could not keep offering it forever unfortunately.

• @ag_ana
    Yes, when I found it after the promotion, I kept downloading 1password from the app store. I couldn’t find this promotion at all, so I wanted to be able to send such promotional information via registered email and provide the registered customer promotional code instead of The same discount as everyone will make old customers more loyal, do you agree?

• Matthew_1PMatthew_1P

Team Member

This is how licenses historically worked @kentzh. For 1Password 7, we decided that instead of upgrade pricing (which only existing users of 1Password could access), we'd offer a discount to everyone instead — this way more people could take advantage of it and stay safe online. Those with existing licenses for older versions of 1Password were able to use this offer too. As Ana mentioned we weren't able to offer it forever though.

I kept downloading 1password from the app store. I couldn’t find this promotion at all

Licenses in 1Password 7 are only available when 1Password is directly downloaded through our website though. They aren't available from the Mac App Store version of 1Password. You can download 1Password through our website from here: https://1password.com/download/

We do think memberships are the best way to use 1Password — you get additional protection from your Secret Key and extra features like Travel Mode — but licenses are still available if you think they are more suitable for your situation. I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any questions. :smile::+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file