2FA codes don't work on one of my macs [Verify time & timezone are correct]

daniilk
daniilk
Community Member
edited July 2020 in Mac

I have iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) running MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 and my 2FA codes for my logics don't work specifically on this mac. When I go into my phone to get the code they work, similar to my other mac laptop. I tried uninstalling 1password. Will update my mac soon, but doubt that it will help.

Thank you in advance 1Password team.

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2020

Hi @daniilk

I'd be happy to help get to the bottom of that. To get started could you please check in the System Preferences app under Date & Time and make sure the option to set the date & time automatically is selected? Additionally please make sure the time zone is set appropriately for your current location. TOTP type 2FA is heavily reliant on the current time, so a deviation by even a minute can cause the codes to not be accepted. Once you've verified that option is enabled and the timezone is correct please check how far your computer's clock is using the website https://time.is/ It should give you a report, such as "Your clock is 2.7 seconds behind."

Please let us know what that report is. Thanks!

Ben

• daniilk
    daniilk
    Community Member

That was the exact issue. Not sure how that got turned off in the first place. Thank you very much!

• I'm very glad to hear that sorted it out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.