I have been using 1Password for 5 years now. I recently purchased a new laptop and setting up/configuring 1Password is without a doubt the most challenging software.
Here's what I had previously:
- 1Password (desktop version) installed on laptop
- 1Password (app) installed on Android phone
- Used Dropbox to sync any changes from desktop version to Android device (or vice versa)
- Using Dropbox did NOT require a paid membership... all worked perfectly!
Then, I purchased a new laptop:
- Reinstalled desktop version on new laptop
- Installed Dropbbox on new laptop
- Configuring the sync process is an absolute nightmare/challenge (shouldn't be this way)... 1Password screenshots on various help menus are out-of-date and don't match what I see in the version that I have
Here's where I currently stand:
- I even tried to switch over to the paid version of 1Password
- I do NOT want my password in the cloud though... instead, I merely want to be able to sync data between desktop and phone... why does 1Password/AgileBits makes it sooo difficult to do so?
Is there anyone willing to summarize the steps for preferably configuring the syncing process w/o membership (i.e., I purchased the software but don't believe I need an annual membership)?
1Password Version: 18.104.22.1686
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox