Update Problems - Windows 10

Long time user, first time needing support! I've had 1Password for Windows running for several years without a problem. No new settings or installations recently. Today, for the first time, I'm getting an error. "1Password couldn't complete its update: Web browsers or security software may be preventing 1Password from updating. Close your web browsers, add 1Password to the whitelist in any security software, and then try again. Error: System(5)-permission denied". Followed the directions to no avail. Only security I'm running is Malware Bytes. Any suggestions? Did something change on your end? Is there an update that I can download outside of 1Password?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10.0.18362
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Have you updated to the latest Malwarebytes, @mcclayton? There was an issue a while back where they had made a change that prevented 1Password updates. The fine folks at Malwarebytes fixed this super quick, but the update was unable to automatically install, as I understand, so you would need to expressly check for updates to get it. If you've not given that a try, go ahead and do so, then reboot and try updating 1Password again. If that's something you've already checked for, though, let me know and we can take a closer look. :+1:

• mcclayton
    mcclayton
    Community Member

bundtkate, thanks! That worked. I did, indeed, have to manually update Malwarebytes. Then it updated itself again. After the second update all is working again. Thanks for the help!

• It's no trouble at all, @mcclayton! Honest, the folks at Malwarebytes did all the real work for that fix. Plus, I understand they've now made it so all updates can be automatic so hopefully this will be the very last time you'll have to do something like that. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.