Upgrade to 1Password 7

martinmelis
martinmelis
Community Member

I love 1 Password, however I find it very confusing when I want to use it on several computers or on my iPad/iPhone. For some reason the data is not synchronised. On my iMac Pro the data seems to be up to date. I would like to use 1Password on my older MacPro as well (my administration computer for accountancy and e-mail). And of course on my mobile devices for 'on the road' purposes.

My questions:

-Can I upgrade from v6 to v7 without losing my data?
-I seem to have a license file somewhere on my computer - do I need this to share or synchronise my data with other devices.

What would be the right way to get it up and running and synchronised?

Thanks, Martin Melis.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 8.9
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6 and 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @martinmelis

Thanks for taking the time to write in with these questions.

-Can I upgrade from v6 to v7 without losing my data?

Absolutely. We have instructions available on doing so here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

-I seem to have a license file somewhere on my computer - do I need this to share or synchronise my data with other devices.

Licenses are valid only for the version which they were purchased. Your 1Password 6 license would not be applicable to 1Password 7. We no longer advertise licenses; instead membership is the way forward. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

With membership all of your devices are automatically kept up to date simply by signing into your 1Password account. There is no reliance on 3rd party sync services like Dropbox or iCloud.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.