Show tags in autofill dialog

I'm a long time user of 1Password but today started having problems with the Firefox addon for some reason. So I'm trying out 1Password X. My immediate complaint is that I cannot see tags for suggested passwords. This sucks because I have THOUSANDS of client passwords saved in my vault. Many of these clients have accounts at the same services. For example, Godaddy. I use tags to organize by client. But in 1Password X, I don't see those tags. So I go to godaddy and it offers me 50 usernames to choose from, but since godaddy uses numeric usernames, I have no way of even guessing at which account I'm looking for. This is a major shortcoming, in my opinion. I looked through the options, didn't see a way to enable this, so I'm posting here as a feature suggestion.

Also, what is the market for 1Password X? Is it supposed to eventually replace the other browser add-ons? If not, why have both? Genuinely curious as to why it's a thing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @anonymous_buffalo!

So I go to godaddy and it offers me 50 usernames to choose from, but since godaddy uses numeric usernames, I have no way of even guessing at which account I'm looking for.

In the 1Password X dropdown, below the Title field, 1Password X shows you the username. This is typically enough to differentiate between accounts when you have multiple logins for the same website. If godaddy uses numbers however, I understand this won't be as helpful, so I don't think I have anything to suggest other than perhaps changing the item title directly.

Also, what is the market for 1Password X? Is it supposed to eventually replace the other browser add-ons? If not, why have both? Genuinely curious as to why it's a thing.

It's for those users who cannot install the desktop 1Password app (for example, Linux users, or users that cannot install apps on their company computers). 1Password X allows them to use 1Password directly in the browser without needing anything else ;)

The other companion extension still exists at the moment, since 1Password X is still quite new.

This discussion has been closed.