master pass won't work on macOS but works on 1password.com and IOS

fredagie
fredagie
Community Member

I have tried multiple times, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the master pass will not work, it works on 1pass.com and my iPhone but not on my MacBook using safari or chrome, the option of add your account directly does nothing either. I just signed up for the service and its the 1password7. and I also have downloaded both extensions for safari and chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password does not work on the app macOS

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fredagie! Welcome to the forum!

If your Master Password works on 1Password.com, it means that you are using the correct one, and that your Mac is configured differently. What do you see when you open the 1Password app on your Mac? And what is the exact error message that you see there?

• fredagie
    fredagie
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, I got it to work after hours of agonizing frustration, I quit the app and then restarted it and it started to work fine from there, which is kind of weird to me because I uninstalled and reinstalled it maybe 4 times and nothing would change, I even rebooted the laptop several times and still would't work, hopefully this can help someone in the future. Thanks again!.

I would't get an error message the only thing that would happen is the log in box would shake as if my password was wrong.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fredagie:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you managed to get things up and running again.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.