So, who bought 1Password 4 for iOS?

*Blacklight
edited December 2012 in iOS
I'm just curious, who of the beta-testers actually bought the final? I'll make the start: bought it immediately after release. I think it's worth it. :)

Although I better don't think back: bought 1Password 3 for Mac outside of the MAS, bought it again in the MAS, bought 1Password 3 Pro for iOS, and bought version 4 yesterday. AgileBits, you lead my list of app expenses by far.. don't exaggerate please. ;)

Comments

• golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    exactly as I did :)
  • guid
    guid
    Community Member
    Hi,

develop programs cost a lot of money. This program is worth it.
    And then with a reduction.
    A must, do :)
  • jhollington
    jhollington
    Community Member
    Not even a question in my mind -- I've been using 1Password since 2007 and bought it pretty much the moment it appeared on the App Store.
  • ejr
    ejr
    Community Member
    Ditto
  • Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    Me too.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    Done it, obviously immediately !
    ... and i have to admit: Italian translation is great ! (giggle)
  • mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Yes, I bought 1Password 4, despite the fact that I don't like the iPad version.

I also resign as my "job" as beta tester. During the last years I have done a lot of work for many developers on beta apps and even more on localization. This is the first time I seem to do a job for a management showing no gratitude in any form. Even a simple email seems to much asked. I don't mind doing uncompensated work but the lack of communication while releasing the app (and we the testers knew nothing) and also the lack of a plan for future testing of 1Password frustrates me and made me to this decision. Investing more hours in this project just doesn't feel good !
  • mgshoutman wrote:
    I also resign as my "job" as beta tester. During the last years I have done a lot of work for many developers on beta apps and even more on localization. This is the first time I seem to do a job for a management showing no gratitude in any form. Even a simple email seems to much asked. I don't mind doing uncompensated work but the lack of communication while releasing the app (and we the testers knew nothing) and also the lack of a plan for future testing of 1Password frustrates me and made me to this decision. Investing more hours in this project just doesn't feel good !

Yeah I feel you.. roustem already apologized about this though, I don't think they were really aware of bad how this looks. They are now, I hope.
  • floydstyle
    floydstyle
    Community Member
    Did it as well. I use this app many times per day and is by far the best investment I did on my iphone, ipad and MBP. I am so happy I was part of that beta as well
  • tecno4border
    tecno4border
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    face wrote:

Done it, obviously immediately !
    You have done a great translation. I only improved only a few. It will be for the next version that I will be able to help you more. Unfortunately when I became a beta tester you had already translated it. Why I'm not writing this things in italian? (talk)
  • HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

Yeah I feel you.. roustem already apologized about this though, I don't think they were really aware of bad how this looks. They are now, I hope.

I agree with this as well.
  • kkirsche
    kkirsche
    Community Member
    Bought it as soon as I saw it was released. Though I agree 100% that I am frustrated with the release without telling us. There are still a few glaring translation issues in spanish which I'm not comfortable with yet and would have liked the time to get them hammered out. But hey, beta will end eventually and I want the app while it's cheap!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    Made my purchase as soon as I awoke on the 13th. The only reason I knew of it was the teaser trailer they released. I watched the credits and it stated Dec13th as the release date.

The beta is still on going and I received an email today indicating a new beta release. Personally I felt it was a little soon but I also understand at some point there has to be a push to market.

I would have preferred more announcement here. Just my 2¢

I recall when 1P3 came out the same weekend as Snow Leopard. I was manning the forums by myself for a few hours. I assume this was due to a tsunami of email the guys received.

I love 1P and the push to market shows several things.

They have historically gave price incentives to us beta testers. They did this time as well as we were allowed the reduced price. They pushed the update before the xmas holidays which allows a great new gift to be given to loved ones. Also iTunes Connect is due for a shutdown on 12/20/2012 until 12/28/2012 what that means is no app can go live during that time and no app can have a price change during that time.

The guys could have decided to discount 1P3 but instead released 1P4. IMHO it was the thing to do. They have historically given discounts for the holidays and this just proved they gave a new version and a discount. I would rather have a shine cool new app to play with vs an old one. Additionally this allows more folks to start carrying attachments and give the new secure input browser to use for purchases (instead of copying etc). It also allows more folks to add multiple address field and I know for one this works wonders. I added a new URL to my iCloud / Dev login and now it works seamlessly instead of 2 logins.

If you research the history of the 1Password pricing structure you will see the same thing. Discounts around Xmas and Thanksgiving. So please don't feel slighted. It was a management decision. In a post from Mike he told me they had over a lot of versions before we became involved. I personally watch the forums each and every day. For the last week of so before the release the forum was slow and no significant bugs were reported and there was a slowdown of interaction. If there had been more I am sure the team may have mulled the possibility of pulling the release. But there was none and therefore it went forward.

As I said If I hadn't seen the teaser trailer I would never have known myself. I also follow 1P in every way possible from the Individuals to the Twitter accounts. I gleam most of my knowledge from little bits here and there. Its not that easy for the multitude of folks out there. But 1P is my passion and therefore I watch closely. All whom know me also know my love for Dropbox hence I am a moderator there as well. I also do the same things with there blogs and so forth. Dropbox pushes stable builds as they see fit. 1Password pushes them along the same lines.

I run every beta of 1Password that they ask me to help with and I run everyone Dropbox issues. I don't expect things in return and I also dont know the inner works of each of the teams.

I can tell you now years later that I knew of the 1P Windows app well before any of you. I stumbled across a hidden post that they though was invisible to all. Dave seemed overly nervous I would spill the beans. Probably the most tense forum reply I have ever received from him. I assured him, all I had was good intentions for 1P and we left it at that. A couple months later 1P Win was launched. I was never so grateful to be free to talk. :)

* I am not a paid employee all I got was this forum title and I work for Pro Bono so I am free to field my personal opinions etc. ;)
    * I have my own developer account so I know details like the iTunes connect shutdown without being intimately familiar with the teams development.
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    I purchased a copy on day one as well as 4 gifts. $7.99 was a steal.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    On behalf of all of us at AgileBits, thank you so incredibly much. 1Password 4 wouldn't be what it is today without your testing, translation, and other feedback.

Your support means the world to us. I know a lot of you have been around the forums for quite a while, and I've had a chance to get to know you over the years. I'm looking forward to getting to know you newer folks as time goes on. To 1Password 5...and beyond! :)

Oh, and, even I bought 1Password 4 on the App Store. I heard it was pretty good, so I couldn't resist. :lol:

I even got this awesome note from my dad:

All I want for Christmas is 1Password 4! Please? I've told Santa, St. Nicholas, and my Mom. love, dad

He got an early present!
  • Just bought the app as well, partially because funding helps build the company but mostly because good software gets my attention, extreme software some shares to my wallet :) Also I specifically only tested the beta on the iPad-mini, while I do have some time to spend beta-testing I can't (and won't) do it on all devices simultaneously as I (and prob. most of you) will need 1P also for your daily routines, for me it's simply not acceptable NOT to have 1P working!

Btw, the 7 euro's are indeed a steal, I've got other apps that are way more expensive on upgrades or, are less expensive but the return-value on each upgrade is far lower (example is a time-keeping app that proofed not 'next year' compliant and rebuy of 5 dollars, thats a steep price - but I still loved the app over alternatives)
  • Thanks for your support everyone!

I'm sorry I didn't post any thanks earlier. Once things started rolling they went FAST. It's only now that I'm starting to find the things I forgot :) And thanking our awesome beta testers was a huge miss! Not sure how I could have forgotten that!

Thanks again guys, and don't worry, we ended up finding the cause of that one critical bug you missed (giggle)

(kidding of course!)
  • Bought the app on the release date without thinking about. Really love it and I think it's really good to keep the beta updating, but I also want to support you guys and make it possible to keep on the development.
    By the way: Do you have any plans when you release the first betas for Windows and Mac?
  • Gary SJ
    Gary SJ
    Community Member
    I also bought the app without thinking about it. I agree100% with the comments above.
  • Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Of course I bought it :-)

• By the way: Do you have any plans when you release the first betas for Windows and Mac?

No date yet. We'll announce the beta in the forum when it is ready.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    may we test also the beta Mac version ? How ? i'd like also to translate the extension for safari (or firefox): how to do ?
  • face wrote:

may we test also the beta Mac version ? How ? i'd like also to translate the extension for safari (or firefox): how to do ?

There is no Mac beta yet, sorry. We hope to get it out soon.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    roustem do you have plans to translate also extensions ?
  • kkirsche
    kkirsche
    Community Member
    face wrote:

I think that would and could be a great opportunity. I'd be happy to try to help with that.
  • face wrote:

It would be great. It is not possible at this point though. We would have to make changes in the extension to support localization.
  • kennonb
    kennonb
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    I was planning on buying this on day one ever since I saw the first teaser, and buy on day one I did. 1Password is an app that I would be completely useless without. :) Very happy to share my time for testing to make sure the product works as well as possible.
  • cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    I did too.

face wrote:

(giggle)

Corentin
This discussion has been closed.