Migration from Dropbox to 1Password (Family) subscription duplicated all items in Private vault.

lechuan
lechuan
Community Member

Hello, I used to use 1password 7 standalong on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. I subscribed to 1Password 7 for family today.

I was previously using Dropbox to sync my accounts. In my existing 1password installations:
1) I logged in and migrated on my Phone, no problem.
2) I logged in and migrated on my Mac, no problem.
3) I logged in and migrated on my iPad. This created duplicates of every single item in my "Private" value (note: In my list of vaults, I do not see a "Primary" account anymore, I guess it succesfully migrated over to Private.)

Is it possible to automatically remove duplicates of 100% identical items? I have over 300 entries, so it would take me a really long time to manually look through each item and confirm that they are duplicates before deleting.

Thanks,
Alexis

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Timpki
    Timpki
    Community Member

Me too, identical situation on 6 devices, except the Mac that is supposed to be the master of the family does NOT have the duplications. Can I propagate it to all the others? BTW, I’m the only user for the 7 devices.
    ~ Timpki

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lechuan!

1) I logged in and migrated on my Phone, no problem.
    2) I logged in and migrated on my Mac, no problem.
    3) I logged in and migrated on my iPad.

Just to make sure I understand what you did: did you actually migrate your data three different times? Was there a reason you did that? This certainly explains why you have duplicates now in your destination vault.

Is it possible to automatically remove duplicates of 100% identical items? I have over 300 entries, so it would take me a really long time to manually look through each item and confirm that they are duplicates before deleting.

Yes: in 1Password for Mac, you can run the duplicate removal tool under the Help menu > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Timpki:

Me too, identical situation on 6 devices, except the Mac that is supposed to be the master of the family does NOT have the duplications.

Your situation seems to be different, if one of your device does not have duplicates. Have you removed the old Primary vault from every other device, and not just from the Mac?

• lechuan
    lechuan
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Thanks so much! That is exactly the command I was looking for! I ran it and removed all the duplicates.

You're right, I ran the migrate on the 3 devices, when I ran on the Mac, it said the migration would only migrate non-duplicate entries (which seemed to work well), but on the iPad the message was different (just said it would migrate, so perhaps the process is a bit different on iOS and Mac?).

Thanks again for your quick reply and helpful advice, really appreciate it!
    Alexis

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @lechuan! I am glad to hear that everything looks good now :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.