1Password X Firefox extension causing performance problems in Firefox

I had been using the 1Password X Firefox extension with no issues for ~2 weeks. Suddenly yesterday I started having issues with Firefox running very slow and completely failing to load some pages. I tried disabling add-ons to see if that helped and it did not. Finally, I tried "Refreshing Firefox", which restores default browser settings and that did solve the problem. Now, when I try to add back the 1Password extension I start having issues again. If I hit "Refresh Firefox" the problem is solved but I don't have access to 1Password. What could be going on here? I'm running the latest version of both Firefox and the 1Password extension, and I also tried using Chrome with the 1Password Chrome extension and no problems there. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @migvanmigvan ,

Have you tried testing things on a new user profile in Firefox with ONLY 1Password X installed? Does the issue still occur in that setup?
    If you haven't, I suggest testing it for a day or two.
    If you have, and the issue occurs, I'd suggest testing it in Safe mode with networking, to redact any possible 3rd party app on your Windows that might affect Firefox.

Let us know what you find.

• migvanmigvan
    migvanmigvan
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for your suggestion! I am not signed in at all to Firefox. Do you suggest creating a user profile anyways to see what happens?
    Also, I am beginning to think this may actually be Firefox-specific because even though I haven't reinstalled the extension, I'm having trouble loading certain pages again (a smaller subset of pages than the ones that generated problems with the 1Password extension though)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I do recommend testing things on a new profile in order to test things with Firefox in a clean environment (without your settings, extensions, cache etc).

The fact that you're still experiencing the issue even without 1Password installed is indeed another indicator that the issue might be in Firefox or in your operating system. Give a new user profile a try for a day or two and see how Firefox behaves there. According to the results, we'll provide you with further suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.