Trash and archive retention controls (1Password Teams)

Options
pmeyer_sqsp
pmeyer_sqsp
Community Member

Hi, from previous forum posts I believe I already know the answer to this, but just to be sure...

• Can we turn on trash retention? (Ex: empty trash after 30 days)
  • Can we change archive retention? (I see it's 1 year unless you manually destroy each item)

I understand 1Password is designed to be secure and therefore just hiding old information may be invaluable, but in environments where you have large teams with shared vaults some users may accidentally share more sensitive secrets in vaults not meant for a wider audience. Deleting is the natural impulse, but without proper education about how the delete/archive features work, they can stay visible in the trash. This problem is further exacerbated by users who use 1Password for both a work environment and a personal environment and may often confuse them, unintentionally saving personal secrets in shared work environment vaults and not realizing they are retained.

Is the only option here being vigilant and aware of the trash and archiving process?

Thanks,
PJ

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @pmeyer_sqsp! Those are some awesome questions and I'd be happy to help. Please send us an email at business@1password.com and our awesome Business Support team will be happy to get back to you as quickly as possible! Talk to you soon :smile:

This discussion has been closed.