I'm trying to install 1PasswordSetup-7.6.778.exe on W10 64bit.

I've got .Net framework 4.8. I delete the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\ before each attempt at installation. I just get a welcome box that is otherwise blank. I see this problem has been going on since January 2019. Is there a solution?

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Won't install on W10

Comments

• This is actually not a 1Password issue, @AnnieCresswell, nor is it a problem installing. It is, however, a problem with compatibility between graphics drivers and Windows Presentation Foundation, the Windows framework we used for UI rendering. It's not something we can resolve ourselves and has a tendency to surge every Windows update because drivers are generally a bit behind Windows itself and take a bit to correct these problems.

Now, with that said, generally Windows will release their own updates for common drivers alongside Windows updates so generally swapping to drivers installed from Windows Update will sort this out. Here's how:

1. Right-click Start and choose "Device manager".
    2. Click the > next to "Display adapters" to expand it.
    3. Right-click the devices listed under "Display adapters" and select "Uninstall".
    4. Restart your PC.

This will automatically reinstall that driver from Windows Update. Go ahead and open 1Password again – you can open it from Start since it should be installed already. Can you now see the UI on the Welcome screen? Let me know what you find and, if you can't, please share the name of the display adapter listed for you in device manager. That will give us one more thing to try. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.