Different vaults on IOS and Mac and can't merge

Options
jroman7
jroman7
Community Member

I have read through the tons of post about this, but just can't seem to find an answer that works. I begrugenly upgraded to 1p7 last year. I have loved 1Password for years, but I despise subscriptions services and don't need 99% of the stuff offered in the subscription. But due to Mac OSX update 1P6 stopped working.

Somehow in all this my phone has two vaults on it and my computer has one, but none of them seem to be talking to each other. Log-ins saved on my computer aren't available on my phone and stuff saved on my phone not available on my Mac. I can't find anywhere in either program that gives me an option to merge them (its talked about in the forums a lot, but I can't seem to find any button). I would consider myself a pretty advanced computer / iOS user but this has got me baffled. I am also pretty hesitant because I don't want to risk loosing the 1000+ log ins and passwords saved in the different vaults.

1Password Version: Mac & iOS 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.5, OSX 13.5
Sync Type: dropbox and cloud

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2020
    Options

@jroman7

The first screenshot shows you have a Primary vault synced through Dropbox. This would have been used prior to membership. Memberships do not use Dropbox or the Primary vault for syncing.
    To get things in order, you will need to remove the Primary vault from the iPhone. During the membership setup, the items from the Primary would have been migrated over to the Personal vault in your membership. It's very unlikely you need to combine these two vaults.

One the phone open the Primary vault, on the Mac open the Personal vault. Compare the items on the phone to the Mac. If you find anything on the phone and not on the Mac, move that item to the Personal vault.

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

Once that's done, remove the Primary vault from the phone.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

• jroman7
    jroman7
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy. There are more than an 100 item differences between the vaults (just looking at the number of items when I switch vaults on my phone. Do I seriously have to go though 900+ log-ins and notes and compare one by one and see which ones have which? I don't even know how to start to get them side by side to compare.

Both have vaults have things that are not in the other because for over a year my phone has been using dropbox and my computer has been using 1password.com or whatever the new v7 sync system is called. Earlier today I added the enabled the 1password.com vault (primary) hoping they would sync together, but it wont't, or at least I can't find a way too.

• @jroman7

I would start by determining the date you opened your account by looking for an item within the Personal vault called 1Password Account... Look at the item details to find the item created date. On that date, you would have uploaded a copy of the data from the Primary vault on the Mac to your Personal vault.

Next, open the Phone to the Primary vault > All Items. Sort the vault by "Date Created." If you have any data in this vault that's newer than the date you created your membership account, then move it to the Personal.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if it's unclear.

This discussion has been closed.