I created a new login using 1PasswordX and it doesn't show in the app

Options

In Windows 10 I registered with a website and chose the password suggestion from 1PasswordX which was saved, but when I look for the website registration in the 1Password app it doesn't show up at all. The iOS app does show the new item. My installs of 1Password are all up to date.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i created a new login using 1passwordx and it doesn't show in the app

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daneel!

Can you confirm if you have added your 1Password account information in the Windows app? From what you wrote, it sounds like you have done this on your iOS device, but not in 1Password for Windows.

• daneel
    daneel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, yes I'm signed in to the Windows app. I've just noticed that the new account has appeared in the app but it's taken a long time, whereas it appeared instantly in the iOS versions of the app, which is odd given that I'd created the login using 1PasswordX on the same Windows machine as is running the 1Password app.

Do 1PasswordX and 1Password on the same machine communicate directly at all or is it via cloud?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@daneel:

Do 1PasswordX and 1Password on the same machine communicate directly at all or is it via cloud?

1Password X does not communicate with the Windows app, it's an extension that lives entirely in the browser. Indeed, it works even if you remove the 1Password desktop app from that machine.

Are things working again for other items now, or do you still see this behavior?

• daneel
    daneel
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't created any other passwords/logins today so I don't know if the issue is fixed, but earlier today it did take a very long time for the new login created in X to appear in the Windows app

• @daneel, when you create or update an item in 1Password X, do you see it immediately appear on 1Password.com?

This discussion has been closed.