Touch ID not displayed on MacBookPro using Sierra

Options
budsimrin
budsimrin
Community Member

On my MacBookPro, 1P does not display the Touch ID message. Touch ID works for all other applications. I tried deleting ~/Library/Keychains and rebooting, but that did not help. Are there any other suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID not displayed on MacBookPro using Sierra

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @budsimrin!

1Password 7 requires at least macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) to work properly. It might still work on older macOS versions, but it's not a supported configuration, so the solution in this case would be updating to High Sierra at least when you have a chance. Touch ID is guaranteed to work in 1Password in that case :+1:

System requirements for 1Password

• budsimrin
    budsimrin
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That answers my question. I use ver 7 on my desktop computer that has Mojave. I did not know that ver 7 was not supported on Sierra.

Other than Touch ID, ver 7 is working fine on Sierra, and until just recently Touch ID was also working. So if Sierra is not supported, then I will just live without Touch ID util I find time to upgrade.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@budsimrin:

Understood, thank you for the update. I hope you can find some time to upgrade to a more recent macOS version soon then :) Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

This discussion has been closed.