1Password X vs 1Password Extension

Hi,
I have two Windows 10 laptops and I use 1Password on each for the same user, myself. One laptop has the old 1Password extension for Firefox and the new one has 1Password X [1PX from hereon]. I seem to have no end of problems with 1PX. It constantly cannot find existing logins, suggests the wrong ones, doesn't attempt to store new logins and the password generator is MIA. I am very frustrated with it and have even deleted it and reinstalled it, but no progress. If I could go back to the old extension I would do so in a heartbeat. I don't have any such issues with the old version on the other laptop and there is no way I will upgrade it to 1PX anytime soon.
Hopefully there is a new and working version coming out soon.
regards, Andrew

1Password Version: 7.6.778
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Andrew2468 ,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough landing with 1Password X. I assure you we can get it to work better than the old companion extension ever did if you'd like to give it a chance, as I'm sure most issues you're experiencing are related to your desktop app's setup and browser, which are easily treatable.

If you prefer to simply remove 1Password X and install the good old companion extension, that's definitely an option: https://1password.com/browsers/
    In case you do want to give 1Password X a proper chance, here are my starting thoughts (based on your description thus far):

• 1Password X cannot find your existing logins because you have a local vault in your desktop app that is not synced to your 1Password.com cloud account. 1Password X works directly with your 1Password.com account and cannot work with local vaults. It does not connect to the desktop app (yet) so you'll want to migrate your data from your local vault(s) to your 1Password.com account's vault: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device
    • 1Password X shows up inside usernames and passwords fields on the websites you visit, and suggesting proper actions when you focus these fields. If you have an existing login for a website, clicking the username/password with your mouse will focus that field and 1Password should pop up suggesting your login(s) for that website. If you visit a brand new website, 1Password will show up as you start typing your username/password with a big "Save in 1Password" button that you should click on once you're done typing.
    • 1Password will automatically suggest new strong passwords when you sign up or change passwords on a website, but in case it didn't (or if you don't like the suggested password), you can get to the full-fledged passwords generator by clicking the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser -> click the big PLUS icon -> Select the "Password Generator" (first option in the list).

I strongly recommend you check this page out to get better acquainted with 1Password X before giving up on it: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    Once you get the hang of 1Password X, I believe you won't be able to go back to the old extension because 1Password X is so much more comfortable to use, in my opinion at least :)

This discussion has been closed.