Secret key

Zacke
Zacke
Community Member

I can’t find my secret key. I can’t add my account with out it.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zacke! Welcome to the forum!

There are several places where you can find your Secret Key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

• Zacke
    Zacke
    Community Member

Tap Settings > “1Password accounts

And I don’t have any account to click on

IOS

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zacke:

That means that you have not yet added it to the 1Password for iOS app, so that method will not work for you on that specific device (unless you have added your account on a different 1Password app on a different device).

If you have never added your account to your 1Password apps yet, please try the other suggestions in that article (for example, using the Emergency Kit to retrieve your Secret Key).

• Zacke
    Zacke
    Community Member
    edited July 2020

I created my account in the IOS app. I can’t login in at 1Password.com because I’m missing the key.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zacke:

I understand that. Do you have access to your Emergency Kit?

• Zacke
    Zacke
    Community Member

No didn’t no it exit one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zacke:

No didn’t no it exit one.

I am sorry, I am not sure I understand what you mean by this. Do you mind clarifying? Thank you!

• Zacke
    Zacke
    Community Member

Didn’t now about a Emergency Kit. So no I don’t have it

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zacke:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you don't have access to your Secret Key or your Emergency Kit, and you are not using this 1Password account on any other 1Password app on any device, the only option is to delete the account you created, and sign up for a new one, so you can get a new Secret Key to be able to login again.

How to delete your 1Password account

You can find the instructions to delete your account even when you lost access to it at the bottom of that page. Once you have deleted your account, you can sign up for a new one on the website (and please make sure you download your Emergency Kit so you have all your credentials available to you).

• Zacke
    Zacke
    Community Member

Ok. Then it’s time for me to say goodbye. I will find another service. When you can’t keep your extra key in your head then it’s not secure. You have to trust that no one finds it. Not for me. Good bye !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zacke:

I am sorry to hear that, but I respect your decision. I hope you find a service that works for you, and if you ever change your mind, we will be here :) No matter what password manager you choose, it's important that you use one, even if it's not 1Password.

Stay safe online!

• Zacke
    Zacke
    Community Member

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome :)

• gasman442
    gasman442
    Community Member

Yup same for me, i immediately canceled my account as well. Apparently the key is so secret that you cant find it to login. This app is a headache. Not for me either

• @gasman442

I'm very sorry to hear that. If you'd like to give it another try we'd be happy to help.

Ben

• gasman442
    gasman442
    Community Member

No Thank You

• Understood. I hope you're able to find a solution you're comfortable with and confident in. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.