OTP does not auto copy in Tutanota

The one time password does not copy automatically on Tutanota's login form.

https://mail.tutanota.com/login

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

Hi @loggor!

1Password X does not copy OTPs to the clipboard, it fills them on websites automatically. The behavior you are asking is the one of the companion browser extension.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

Oh you are right! In that case it's not filling the 2FA field.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @loggor ,
    I signed up for a free account and enabled 2FA there.

When I log in, 1Password autofills the email and password fields automatically, I then hit Enter to log in, then a 2FA code field shows up, which 1Password already autofills for me, so I just need to hit Enter again. It looks like 1Password works well on that website.

If that is not what you're experiencing, I suggest you try creating a new login for that website as follows:
    1. Open 1Password and select that website's login, then click on "Edit" to be able to view all of its details.
    2. Copy the username, password and 2FA field's content to a temporary location outside of 1Password.
    3. Delete the login entry from 1Password.
    4. Get to the login page of the website, manually input your email and password, then save it as a new login in 1Password.
    5. Find the new login in 1Password, click on "Edit", select one of the empty fields under the website URL and set it as a 2FA/TOTP field.
    6. Paste the 2FA code from the previous login into that new field and click on "Save" to save the changes.
    7. Test and see if 1Password now autofills all the fields, including the 2FA code.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

I'll try your suggestion @ag_yaron .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @loggor! Let us know what you find out :+1:

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

So, I tried a few things and I may have found out the problem: Language.

If the website is in pt-BR (my browser's default language), it does not autofill. And with an en-US culture it does fill.

This is the behavior I'm currently having.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @loggor ,
    Thanks for testing this and figuring it out! Well done.

Can you please do the following:
    1. Get to the field while using your native language.
    2. While the field is empty, right click the field and select "Inspect".
    3. Take a screenshot of the field and the HTML code that shows up, and post it here.

That might help us add some clues in your language that will help 1Password identify such fields on this website and others.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

Here's the screenshot. @ag_yaron and @ag_ana thank you for your time.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @loggor ,
    Looks like that field has no name or ID, so 1Password can only rely on its label, which is in your native language.

I'll ask the devs and see if there's something we can do about it.
    Thanks for bringing this up.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

I saw that a fix to this subject was added to the new version of the 1 Pass X Beta. I tested it out and it's working. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @loggor! I am glad to hear that :)

This discussion has been closed.