Is there keyboard shortcut that lets me fill in the credentials stored in 1Password into a webpage?

Is there a way that, by a keyboard shortcut, I can fill in the login credentials stored in 1Password and presented as a dropdown menu option? I found a response here suggesting it could be done by Command-Backslash (or possibly Command-Period), but neither work. Command-Period seems to open the extension's searchbox, but it seems foolish to search for the site when 1Password has already looked at the URL and figured the correct one. I really am keyboard-centric and if I have to use the mouse/trackpad each time, that's a big negative for 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WCityMike! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, by default it's Cmd + \ in 1Password for Mac, but that works with the companion browser extension. 1Password X (the extension that you are currently using) currently does not have a keyboard shortcut for that. But if you like using the keyboard, just press Tab until you reach the login form, and 1Password will show its dropdown ;)

• WCityMike
    WCityMike
    Community Member

Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2020

You're welcome, @WCityMike .
    You can also press CMD+. to show 1Password's search popup, but it should already be focused on the relevant login of the website you're visiting, so simply hitting Enter should autofill even if you're not focusing the username/password field. That would probably be the fastest way to autofill.

This discussion has been closed.