Do I need to create my own backup of my vaults? 1password.com

A couple months ago I switched from saving and syncing local vaults to 1password.com and it's been great. I've really enjoyed the simplicity of not worrying about syncing and updating vaults, it's worked seamlessly across all devices. Thanks!

But I do have 1 question, are people that use 1password.com for managing vaults saving backup local and/or offline backup vaults?

thank you,

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:backup vault

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @J_schwinn!

A couple months ago I switched from saving and syncing local vaults to 1password.com and it's been great. I've really enjoyed the simplicity of not worrying about syncing and updating vaults, it's worked seamlessly across all devices. Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words! I am happy to hear this :)

But I do have 1 question, are people that use 1password.com for managing vaults saving backup local and/or offline backup vaults?

If you have a 1Password membership, backups are taken automatically for you :) It's one additional thing that your 1Password account does for you, so you don't have to worry about that either.

• Hi Ana

Thanks for the link, it appears that the KB article describes backups that are in the cloud. I assume that vaults are stored locally on devices as well. I'd have to stretch to dream up a situation where the 1P servers are down, and I somehow lose all of my devices and that point I might need an off-device/off-cloud backup. Is it possible that something could go wrong with 1P servers and disallow my devices from access? Honestly I don't know why I'd need to have an additional backup but I'm wondering if there are any users of 1Password.com storing additional local or offline backups beyond that which the service creates as part of the process?

thanks again,

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@J_schwinn:

Is it possible that something could go wrong with 1P servers and disallow my devices from access?

No, because even if the 1Password servers went down, a copy of your data is cached locally on your device. You can test this by disconnecting your device from the internet completely, and you will see that you can still see your items in the app ;)

• Thank you

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome @J_schwinn! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file