MDM app configuration

edited August 2 in iOS

I noticed in iPassword for iOS 7.6.2 adds support for configuring certain settings via MDM but I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I'm familiar with the XML format, so all I would need is each key and the value type to add the settings in.

If there was a way to provision users via MDM also, that would be a huge plus. Even if it's up to the user to add their secret key and master password, having some kind of background provisioning makes setup faster.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14 beta 3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @mariussignorello

We don't have documentation on the MDM XML quite yet but that is something our documentation team will be working on. My apologies that we weren't able to get that completed before the 7.6.2 release. While we're waiting on something more official I'll ask the team if they can provide me with the strings you are looking for.

Provisioning 1Password users can be done through the SCIM Bridge. Additional information on that can be found here:

Automate provisioning in 1Password Business using SCIM

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

To add: in discussing this topic with one of my colleagues they mentioned that you may have been asking about the ability for MDM to push out the user's 1Password credentials into the app for them, so there is less for them to enter. I will do some further research on that as well but it appears that is not something that we currently have available.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file