2 factor security settings example PayPal

Marco07
Marco07
Community Member

When I upgrade to 2 factor security the pay pal website presents me a qR code. I use modify and QR code scan and pull either the window to the rectangle area or vice versa but nothing happens what did I wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Marco07

Are you using 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, the QR code itself (not the window it is in) should be dragged and dropped onto the reader. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• Marco07
    Marco07
    Community Member

Have also dragged qr code to the scan area nothing happened. I am not 100Percent sure where my app was original from as I use this since nearly a year.

• Marco07
    Marco07
    Community Member

And yes it is from the App store I checked my previous purchases

• Thanks @Marco07. Could you please confirm it is 1Password 7 that you have installed, and not an earlier version?

It may help to switch to the download from our website: Best Password Manager for macOS & Safari
    To install, quit 1Password completely ( ⌘⌥⌃Q ), quit Safari, move the 1Password app from the Applications folder in Finder to the Trash, and then run the installer.

Ben

• Marco07
    Marco07
    Community Member

It is 7 and I have install the 2 factor now with the key below the QR code. I try it later on another Mac with my son

• Sounds good, @Marco07. Glad you were able to get it working using the text-based key on your Mac. Please do keep us in the loop.

Ben

• Marco07
    Marco07
    Community Member

Same with another Mac eben when we download the app via your website.

• @Marco07

Did you allow 1Password access to record the screen?

Ben

• Marco07
    Marco07
    Community Member

It wasn‘t activated but even when activate it same result.

• That's odd @Marco07. I'm sorry for the trouble. You can bypass the scanner entirely, though. On the item you want to add the TOTP code to you can create a new field, change the type from 'text' to 'one-time password', and then paste the text-based code you're given (i.e. not the QR code) into that field. Then save the item. Please let me know how that turns out. It sounds like that is what you ended up doing here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.