I have 1password 7, but cannot sign in because I have never had a secret key, just a license.

Options
Coffeetime
Coffeetime
Community Member

I can see my information, but only as a read-only. I cannot sign in to 1password online or on computer.

1Password Version: 7.6(70600006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password 7, but cannot sign in because I have never had a secret key, just a license.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Coffeetime! Welcome to the forum!

You wrote that you purchased a license, but can you confirm whether that license is for 1Password version 7, or for a previous version of the app?

• Coffeetime
    Coffeetime
    Community Member
    Options

License is for password 6 and ones before that

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Coffeetime. A 1Password 6 license does not include 1Password 7 or access to 1Password.com. You can get both of those things through upgrading to a 1Password membership. Membership includes access to the latest versions of the 1Password apps for all of your compatible devices, as well as access to the 1Password service itself. You can learn more about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

And if/when you decide to move forward there are instructions on upgrading here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.