Support desktop app integration with 1Password X [Planned]

mdanielmdaniel
edited August 6 in Linux Development Preview

One of the reasons I loathe 1P-X is that I have to sign in to every single browser profile I use, or else resort to using copy-password to clipboard, which is not a problem I face when using the 1P desktop app and the associated browser extension

Now that there's a desktop app on Linux, please do consider exposing that same connect-to-desktop client behavior. Even in its read-only form right now, that would still be a monster win for my usability

1Password Version: 0.8.0-22506
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey @mdaniel,

We currently have Desktop App Integration for Mac in beta. If all goes well there I'm hoping we'll be able to roll it out to the other platforms as well. I can't promise at this point, but as a Linux desktop user myself I'd also be very interested in this. Fingers crossed. :)

Ben

• Yes @mdaniel, I'd really like to see this too. I can't stand 1P-X for the same reasons.

• Bruce
  • dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member

I want this too. 🙂

Interesting enough we recently rolled back Desktop App Integration on Mac to make room for a new implementation that will support Linux. Now that we've completed that change I'm hoping we can give you a beta of 1Password X that will do exactly what you're looking for in the not too distant future. Keep an eye on those release notes! 😀

++dave;

• Now that we've completed that change I'm hoping we can give you a beta of 1Password X that will do exactly what you're looking for in the not too distant future. Keep an eye on those release notes!

\o/

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Agreed, @steffann! We're very excited about the re-engineering of Desktop App Integration as well. Many of us have been using it since the infancy of its first iteration and there is no doubt what a boon it is. I'm curious: what does Desktop App Integration do for you that you're looking forward to most? For me, as someone who has primarily been a Mac user, it is the ability to unlock using Touch ID / Apple Watch. 😄

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file