Can't Sign Into 1Password Using 1Password.com Account On Windows App

Options
joel_wraight
joel_wraight
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have been using 1Password for many years now. I have just renewed my SC & MP like I do every 6 months and de-auth all my devices, the problem is I now can't use the Windows program whatsoever. Each and every time I open 1Password, it shows the sign in screen, I choose the "Sign into 1Password.com" option, the program window then disappears entirely. It is running as a process and stays in the windows tray. When going to the tray, and double clicking 1Password, it shows the login screen again. There is no way to sign in without the program minimizing to the tray. I am a Systems engineer so I have a strong technical background. I can't get this to work. I have tried uninstalling from the Windows control panel and new metro app center. I have tried then deleting the LocalAppData directory in its entirety. I have even tried manually going through and removing any Reg keys associated with 1Password, then reinstalling. The same thing occurs. Please help as I rely heavily on 1Password and don't want to be using the web app.

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1909 BN 18363.959
Sync Type: 1Password.com Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @joel_wraight! Welcome to the forum!

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• joel_wraight
    joel_wraight
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have just emailed the requested diagnostics report to the email supplied at 14:52 BST. I have not received an automatic reply with a ticket number yet so I can't post it here.

Joel Wraight

• joel_wraight
    joel_wraight
    Community Member
    Options

Ticket number: [#QNB-56819-555]

Also, I thought it worth mentioning that when I do a clean install now it does not appear in the start menu.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joel_wraight:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: QNB-56819-555

• joel_wraight
    joel_wraight
    Community Member
    Options

Appreciated. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome :)