7.7 beta 3 on Mac--locking itself inappropriately

adam1991
adam1991
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have 7.7 beta 3 on my Macintosh, along with 1PX beta on Edge. I love the integration between the two. I have always had 1P desktop configured not to lock automatically.

1P desktop is now locking itself after a time limit--possibly that default 5 minute idle time, disregarding that the box is unchecked. I think this behavior began after the most recent update.

The locked state does pass itself to 1PX, so integration works properly. At least there's that.

1Password Version: 7.7 beta 3
Extension Version: X beta 1.21.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adam1991!

Can you post a screenshot of your autolock settings in 1Password for Mac? Thank you!

• @adam1991,

If you're using 1Password X with 1Password for Mac 7.7.BETA-3 then there's a 99% chance that the Mac app is locking because 1Password X is asking it to.

• @adam1991,

Can you try turning off the integration with the mac app switch and see if the mac app continues to get triggered to auto-lock? My recollection is that there is a bug with 1Password X where it doesn't turn off its own internal auto-lock monitor when the integration is enabled and as a result will trigger the mac app to lock on its own planned schedule rather than deferring to the mac app to control that behavior.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adam1991:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EYC-45819-346

• Thanks @adam1991. I've added that information to your email ticket. We'll continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

• ersan191
    ersan191
    Community Member

I'm having the same exact issue and was about to post about it - it's almost like 1Password is ignoring the idle timer and locking it after 5 minutes anyway. I just removed 1PX from all of my browsers though, will see if the issue pops up again.

• @adam1991, @ersan191,

I've added some logging to indicate the reason for the lock, it'll be in 7.7.BETA-4.

• ersan191
    ersan191
    Community Member

@rudy
    Looks like removing 1Password X from Chrome & FF fixed the problem. Been off and on my Mac all day and haven't had it lock again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @ersan191! That's good to hear :+1:

• Thanks @adam1991. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.