I purchased 1password 6 from the Mac Store. How do I install it on my new computer?

Options
krobi64
krobi64
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

All the store had is 1 password 7, which requires a subscription. I downloaded the 1password 6 from your website, but now it's prompting me for a license file. How can I make it work?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased 1password 6 from the Mac Store. How do I install it on my new computer?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @krobi64

I'm sorry for any confusion. To use 1Password 6 you'd need to download it from the App Store, if that's where you purchased it. Apple offers a guide on how to do so:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

That said... 1Password 6 has been retired and hasn't received updates in over 2 years. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you. In that case I would strongly suggest that using version 6 should be considered a temporary measure. As things continue to evolve around the now retired v6 it will be less and less practical to continue using it. For example, 1Password 6 is not compatible with modern versions of Safari.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.