reporting sites that support 2fa?

asdlklkj2
asdlklkj2
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Lounge

Is this feature supposed to be for only major sites or is there a way we can report sites that aren't listed? I hope the goal is to flag all sites. At this point I kinda think almost everyone's going to get hacked eventually, so folks should use it everywhere it's available.

I know of at least 3 sites that don't get flagged -- uscis.gov, SNBForums.com, Neowin.net.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @asdlklkj2! Welcome to the forum!

1Password checks twofactorauth.org for the list of accounts that support 2FA. So I think if you report missing sites there, and they add them to the list, 1Password should then get the updated list automatically ;)

• tdbbs
    tdbbs
    Community Member

twofactorauth.org domain was sold. i think 1password uses 2fa.directory now. I don't see any way to request a site be added. I'd say about half of the sites i use 2fa on don't come up in 1password. It is a shame. why cant they just let you decide like authy does. it doesn't care if you have a qr code. I can't use 1password as my 2fa manager if this isn't fixed. I'm not just talking about little sites. Netsuite.com is a huge oracle site and i can't put my 2fa in 1password for them.

• Hi @tdbbs

1Password doesn't need to know that the site supports 2FA in order for you to add your TOTP secret to it. :) You also don't need to have a QR code. You can input the TOTP secret manually if needed. I recorded a video demonstrating this, here:

https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/2021-05-06 11-49-29.mp4

I hope that helps!

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@tdbbs Why can't you add your Netsuite.com 2FA to 1Password? You can add TOTP-based 2FA for any site that displays an industry standard QR code or allows you to manually copy the 2FA secret.

https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

• tdbbs
    tdbbs
    Community Member

thank you. i didn't know there was a way to enter the 2fa if the purple box didn't appear at the top of the screen saying "setup 2fa". Now i do and i'm happy. thanks

• Awesome. Glad that helped. Thanks for the update @tdbbs. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.