Allow Sync on Family Member iPad to Family Member assigned vault

dozza
dozza
Community Member

I have family subs to 1PW. Me as organiser (the devil) and wife and 2 children as family members. Two children all set up OK with vaults created and assigned and accessed on their devices.

My wife has an iPad and have set her up on it with her family member account details. So she can see/access/edit the relevant vaults assigned to her. But she also has Primary vault on her iPad. How do I get that Primary vault to Sync with one of her assigned vaults within the Family membership subscription? Under Sync on the iPad 1PW settings, I got the option of iCloud, DropBox or WLAN server. I thought I'd moved away from dropbox so i've opted for iCloud. It seemed to sync for first time and now under Settings > Vaults Primary vault is listed under 'ON ICLOUD'.

When I login in browser as the family organiser I don't see this Primary vault from her iPad reflected within the family membership vaults. Is it only synced to other devices that she is signed in with using her specific family membership credentials and icloud from now on? If this is the case, how do I get her Primary vault to Sync with one of her assigned vaults within the Family membership subscription, or how does she avoid using the Primary vault on her iPad/iCloud at all and use one of the assigned ones in family membership?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1Password X – Password Manager 1.20.0
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud currently

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @dozza,

You wouldn't see the Primary vault within the Family membership as it is not part of it. Primary vaults are the default standalone vaults. As a standalone vault, it is completely separate and unconnected to your membership and won't sync or be visible through it. If you want the contents of the Primary vault to sync through your membership, you need to move those contents to a membership vault. You can either move them to an existing membership vault, such as the Private vault or another vault you or your wife have already created within the membership or you can create a new vault and then move the contents to that new vault.

Whatever you choose to do, you will need to move the data over. This can easily be done through one of the 1Password applications. Select the data from the Primary vault and then move it to whichever membership vault you want to use. https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/#move-or-copy-items-in-the-apps

After the data has been safely moved, you will want to delete that Primary vault so that there is no longer any confusion. On an iPad, you can do this by opening 1Password and tapping Settings>Vaults>Primary>Delete Vault.

This discussion has been closed.