Provisioning - Bearer token

Hi

We cannot enable the "Enforce two-factor authentication" option in our account because the Provisioning Manager can't provision via the SCIM bridge using the Bearer token if 2FA is enabled for that account. Is there a way to configure it so 2FA is not required when using the Bearer token auth for the Provisioning Manager or perhaps is there another factor that can be added to the SCIM bridge? (edited)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @fcalata_earnest

At the moment these two configurations (SCIM Bridge and enforced 2FA) are mutually exclusive. That is a situation that we're taking a close look at though, as there are a fair number of teams that would like to be able to have both. So we can properly record your interest in this could you please drop an email note to our business team at business@1password.com and in the email include a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115357/provisioning-bearer-token)? That way we can keep in touch about any future solutions with regard to simultaneous use of these two features.

Thanks!

Ben

• fcalata_earnest
    fcalata_earnest
    Community Member

Sounds good. I've posted it there.

• Thanks! I see we've received your email and will be replying shortly. :)

Ben

ref: GXW-69647-477

• kosuke_osada
    kosuke_osada
    Community Member

I strongly agree with @fcalata_earnest.
    2FA enforcement is normally required in organization who use IdP in order to secure their cloud-based applications, and it also required to do user provisioning for automatic identity and access management by IdP.

We must reconcile these two important points. I also sent an email to business@1password.com. I look forward to future improvements.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @kosuke_osada! We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback :)

This discussion has been closed.