Non-X suddenly doesn't recognize Edge browser on Mac

Using the Non-X version on my Mac with Edge as my default browser, I recently noticed 1P give a message saying it doesn't recognize my browser and it stopped working as you'd expect.

Now when I click the 1P icon in the menu I see the following rather than the Chrome plug-in which used to come up.

What's up? I know I could use X, but it's far inferior since it doesn't support fingerprint identification and I'm in and out of passworded sites all the time.

Thanks for guidance on how to fix this annoying problem.

Steve

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sberley!

Can you try fully quitting and relaunching Edge? This often happens when there is a pending update in the browser and relaunching the browser completes the update :+1:

• sberley
    sberley
    Community Member

Tried that, also made sure I'm on the current version of Edge. No luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sberley:

Thank you for the confirmation! I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• sberley
    sberley
    Community Member

Here you go... [#UAW-89783-936]

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @sberley !
    I see we've already replied to your email so we'll keep the conversation going there.

This discussion has been closed.