Can't add new items with Chrome extension

I first noticed this when 1Password didn't prompt me to save a password. I then noticed that I can't add anything manually with the *plus/add* button either. I wondered if it was because I was running Chrome dev build so I reinstalled the stable build after uninstalling using AppDelete (so my profile and all other folders were cleared as well). I've tried both the stable and beta extensions and rebooted and it still won't work.

Thanks!

Comments

• Quick follow-up: I noticed the same thing is happening in the Safari extension. I verified the helper process is running.
  • And one more update - I even tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password (again, using AppDelete) and the issue still persists.
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    Welcome to the forums, jb_bryant! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

It sounds like there are actually two separate issues here, so let's try addressing them one at a time. Oh, and please be careful with app cleaners and uninstallers. Some of them delete data files when removing 1Password.app. :S

Autosave

Please review our support article for autosave problems:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/browser-extensions/autosave-trouble-why-is-my-login-not-being-saved

The most common causes of autosave trouble are (1) not having autosave enabled or (2) password reuse. [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As specified in the aforelinked support article, [/font]1Password will only prompt to save unique passwords once per website[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]. If you already have a Login saved with the same password for the same website you will not be prompted to save a new Login. You should use unique passwords, but if you choose not to, you will need to manually save the second login using the "+" button in the upper right corner of the extension.[/font]

However, manually saving will be a problem if that isn't working either.

Manual Save

The most common problem I've seen with manual save is that folks don't input their credentials in the login form first. The 1Password extension can't save your username and password if there is no username or password to save. Please be sure you fill out the login form on the website before clicking the "+" button to save a new Login item.

I hope that helps. Please let me know. If you're still having trouble, could you tell me a specific URL or two where you are having trouble? Is the issue specific to those URLs?

I'm sure we can get this resolved for you. :)
  • I don't honestly even remember what site I had the issue on. As an aside, I think I thought I could add a new entry manually with the extension even if it wasn't for the site I was visiting. i.e. if I was on a blank tab page and add an entry for twitter.com manually. Is that not the case?

This website does not let me press the add button but if I'm on twitter.com it does. Is that normal?
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member
    I thought I could add a new entry manually with the extension even if it wasn't for the site I was visiting. i.e. if I was on a blank tab page and add an entry for twitter.com manually. Is that not the case?

This has never been a function in the extension. The "+" button will always [attempted to] save the data in the form fields on the current page.

This website does not let me press the add button but if I'm on twitter.com it does. Is that normal?

Do you mean this website, as in these forums? Are you using the forum's login page or some other URL? Please be sure you are trying to save a login on the login page:

http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login
This discussion has been closed.