Help - Logins Not Showing In Application

Hi.

I wonder if someone can help me.

I bought this program yesterday, after having been impressed with the iOS app I bought a couple of days ago.
Everything was going really well - converting my passwords to generated passwords and storing them in the program.

Then something odd has happened. I have added three accounts (including the one for this forum) and, although they are showing in the Safari extension, they are not listed in the program itself.

I've looked all over and they are not there. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a maximum limit of accounts it will show in the application window?

Any help gratefully received.

Colin

Comments

• perspexorange
    perspexorange
    Community Member
    Well, it looks like a reboot of my PC fixed the issue. I would still be interested to hear if this is a known bug or not.

Still - it hasn't detracted from the product, which, I think, is pretty great!.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Colin! Thanks for the kind words about 1Password. I'm sorry you had some trouble earlier, but I'm glad things are working well now. :)

1Password manages the exchange of data between itself and the browser extensions through WebSocket connections. This allows the 1Password background process to communicate with the browser extensions while still respecting the “sandboxing” rules enforced by modern web browsers. Although they appear as network connections, they are limited to your local machine. These connections are also encrypted and authenticated, so they cannot be used to deliver information to any processes besides 1Password and its browser extensions.

If the connections are blocked for any reason, the extension will not be able to connect to 1Password, and no data transfer can occur. The most common symptom of this problem is a “helper not connected” message from the browser extension. The simplest solution is to ensure that local connections are not blocked on 127.0.0.1 by a proxy server or software firewall.

The specific ports that 1Password uses through its WebSocket connections are 6258, 10191, 14821, 24861, 25007, 38151, 46360, 49801, 55730, and 59483; but it’s much easier simply to allow all connections to 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

Something must have happened with the Helper, and rebooting your computer also restarted the Helper.

Let me know if you have any further trouble. It shouldn't happen with any regularity at all.
  • perspexorange
    perspexorange
    Community Member
    Many thanks. That makes sense.

As I said, it seems like a quality product and I'm sure I won't have many issues.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Happy Holidays! :)
  • perspexorange
    perspexorange
    Community Member
    You too! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This discussion has been closed.