Feature Request: Option in App and Plugin to "Remember Master Password" so users have the choice

whitlabs
whitlabs
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Lounge

I'm currently evaluating 1Password Teams for my 100+ size organization.

We currently use LastPass Enterprise but have found it outdated and cumbersome and so far my evaluation of 1Password is very positive except for one major feature oversight.

I understand the security risks involved with a password manager remaining logged in 100% of the time and am satisfied with that risk since the overall operating system's security measures are already extremely secure (hardware key 2FA required and autolock mandated and users sandboxed)

"Remember master password" is currently a popular feature in LastPass that ads a significant amount of convenience which encourages our users to actually USE the provided password manager... without the option to stay logged in even through reboots will greatly reduce adoption within the user base so I hesitate to migrate from LastPass.

Please let me know if there is a concrete timeline or roadmap to implement this feature/option.

Currently using up-to-date windows App and 1Password X Beta plugin for Chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 (2004)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Feature Request: Option in App and Plugin to "Remember Master Password" so users have the choice

Comments

• Hi @whitlabs

Thanks for taking the time to write in about your use case, and for evaluating 1Password for your team.

Please let me know if there is a concrete timeline or roadmap to implement this feature/option.

As far as I'm aware this is not something that is currently on our radar, likely because of the security implications you mentioned. That said, I'd like to put you in touch with our business team to discuss further. They may have more information. You can reach them at business@1password.com. I hope that helps!

Ben

• whitlabs
    whitlabs
    Community Member

Thanks for taking the time to respond! ;)

I'm thinking one other acceptable solution would be for 1Password X browser extension to support Windows Hello biometrics similar to how the desktop App works... or link the browser extension authentication to the desktop app somehow?

It sounds reasonable to expect a user to scan a fingerprint to unlock the password manager after a reboot or OS lock.

Any plans for Window Hello support in the browser extension?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2020

My pleasure! We do have Desktop App Integration for 1Password X planned. That will make it such that 1Password X and 1Password for Windows lock and unlock together, which would make it possible to use Windows Hello with 1Password X. We're hoping to have that in beta before the end of the year.

Ben

• whitlabs
    whitlabs
    Community Member

Hello,

Any update on this feature implementation? It's been a HUGE pain to my workflow without it.

I've been running the beta personally for almost a year and this feature is required before I can recommend 1Password to my team.

Cheers,

Whitney

• @whitlabs

Desktop app integration or whatever it will be called this go-round has not returned just yet. Hopefully soon. We're all anxious to see it. I know I am for sure.

This discussion has been closed.