An Account for the Executor: Plus Addressing in Username?

Options
TLH
TLH
Community Member

Hello,

This question has some background stuff.

1. Email-technical standard RFC 5233 has sub-addressing, also called plus-addressing, tagged-addressing, or mail extensions. Here’s the Wikipedia summary.
  2. In order to add a Person to a Family account, I need to send an invitation to an email address.
  3. I want an Excecutor-type Person, by which I mean, a Person who cannot login until I become a Decedent.
  4. One way to accomplish #3 is to invite myself as a Person using a secondary email address, go through the registration, print the Emergency Sheet, and store that Emergency Sheet with the Will.
  5. Afterwards I can change any of my passwords, including my Master password, without having to update any paperwork.
  6. Any secrets I want to take to the grave can be stored in a Vault that the Executor Person cannot access. My heirs love a mystery.

So, in light of the above ...

Does 1Password let me send an invitation to an email address that looks like this?

my_real_email_user+Executor@my_real_domain.com

... and then let me login with both ...

my_real_email_user@my_real_domain.com
my_real_email_user+Executor@my_real_domain.com

... and get different 1Password accounts?

I suppose I could experiment, but I’m risk-averse.

Thanks for your time and attention.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TLH

Yes, that should absolutely work so long as your email provider supports 'plus addressing' — many do, but some do not. :) I can say for sure that Gmail / Google Apps does, as I use it extensively for testing.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.